Friday, March 20, 2015

The Knock on Our Door





My heart has a message
I am trying to ignore.
It says they are coming
To knock on our door.
 


I will close my eyes and
I will cover my ears,
I pray they go away
And take all my fears
 


It was some time ago
That we agreed on this life,
You wear the uniform
I serve by your side.
 


Though you protect others
Most will never know,
The dangers you face
So they can go home.
 


In the quiet of peace
Or in the chaos of war,
You serve in harm’s way
That’s who you are.
  


In the midst of confusion
You stand strong for right,
You bring freedom to many
Who sleep safe tonight.





You are my Hero and
And the light of my life.
We serve our country,
We are a team, you & I.
 


They will say you are gone,
That you’re not coming home.
But I feel you right here …
Right where you belong.
 


My heart has a message
I am trying to ignore.
It says they are coming
To knock on our door.


 
Dedicated to Those who Serve & Their
Families. Military & First Responders.


Judi Burns


3/15/15


 


 

No comments: